Pages

1.20.2013

term. plan b. foosa's first haircut.

oh hey, we've reached "term". for some reason, i still feel like i have 5 more months...daily contractions and this enormous belly remind me otherwise. this pregnancy felt about 2 months long.


i made freezer meals today. i cleaned my house. i have a teeny little sweater for this babe to wear home. we're ready.

after lots of tears and talking, we decided the home birth just wasn't working out this time. some people don't understand it to begin with, but we were passionate about it and coming to accept this new plan at the end of this pregnancy was a challenge for me. but it's working out - the hospital midwives agreed to take us back against their standard policy. they're a great group of women (and hey, i'll actually get to meet all of them before this kid shows up), and it's really not the end of the world.

if there's a #3 somewhere in our future, we've learned our lesson and will know what to look for to make the home birth work.

for now, we're enjoying the last little bit with our one foosa. i worked up the nerve to take him for his first haircut. neither of us cried.




12 comments:

  1. I was thinking about you and what your plans were! Wishing you an easy rest of your pregnancy! Can't wait to hear the good news of Baby #2.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to see an update. Hope it's smooth sailing from here!

    myroseamongthorns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. :) agreed to your five more months sisa. can't believe baby number 2 is right around the corner. SO EXCITED! liam will be the greatest big brother ever. love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That first picture is adorable!! You'll have to let me know where you took Liam for his haircut so I can give it a try with Ivan.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Erin, I am so sorry your home birth plan didn't pan out but I sending lots of good delivery dust your way! Are you planning to sneak a few bagels in this time? ;)

    Liam's hair cut is awesome, although I am sad to see his little baby mullet go away.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Erin, I am so sorry your home birth plan didn't pan out but I sending lots of good delivery dust your way! Are you planning to sneak a few bagels in this time? ;)

    Liam's hair cut is awesome, although I am sad to see his little baby mullet go away.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Liam is such a beautiful boy. I thought I would cry when Nolan got his hair cut, and I didn't, but I was nervous (?)

    I am excited for you! I know you will rock this birth and I look forward to hearing how it went beautifully, the sex of the baby, and her or his name!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I cannot believe you are already full term! I'm glad you have come up with a plan b and I'm sure it will be wonderful even if it isn't exactly what you wanted.

    Love the haircut! I've done a home trim on Andrew, but we really need to get an actual haircut soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm glad you've found some peace with this new direction. And way to go on the haircut!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I know you will be fine but I can def. understand the disappointment you may feel. I felt that way too (I wanted a homebirth but I chickened out). In the end, your babe will be here and just focus on the end result, mama. Just think of that baby breastfeeding and looking into his/her eyes.

    I remember Richie's first haircut and how painful it was for me! Loosing his little curls was so hard, For some reason with my second, the haircut wasn't such a big deal - just needed to get it done and he did fine. My 22 month old has had about 5 or 6 barber shop visits and we've been keeping it short - it' gets all knotted up if I don't...as much as I want my boys to be hippys and have the long hair, it just doesn't work for us, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good luck in these last few days/weeks! Everything happens for a reason. And way to go on the haircut! I haven't cut Maggie's hair yet, but I doubt she would let anyone (not even me) come close to her with a pair of scissors!

    ReplyDelete
  12. holllyyyy mother of god...full term so soon! :) Liam is such a stud with his fancy new haircut btw ;)

    ReplyDelete

leave me some love...i love to hear from you :)